Monday, February 23, 2009

Back on the Trail Again - Finally!!!

It's that time of year again! That blessed time of year. The time of year when the Peacock's, Flink's and Bingham's hit the trail! The weather's just right and the bugs haven't come out yet, and its the perfect time of year to go out on the desert! Dale, Dad and I went on the first trail ride of the year on saturday. We went out to Little Goblin Valley to show Dale one of San Rafael's sites that he hadn't yet had the privelage of seeing. It was as beautiful as ever, though we didn't end up going the usual route. We got turned around and ended up on the North side of the valley with the bird's eye view. It was okay though, it's still beautiful, no matter what angle you see it at.
At one point, we were on that ridge that's to the left of the valley in the background if you can see it.

Dad even road Crazy here (Can you tell she's an expecting mommy?), and she did really really well... on the ride. It was a different story however when we got back to the trailer. She decieded that she wasn't getting in the trailer for love or money, and after an hour's worth of failed attempts and rearing fits, she pulled back hard enough to break the two inch thick lead rope. This of course was after she broke both of the tail lights on the trailor. She then proceeded to take of across the wide open desert like a bat out of hell. I had to chase her sorry butt down on Durango-twice! Dad literally had to lift her two front feet into the trailer before we could get her in. And then, she kicked him twice in the legs while we were trying to make her make room to load Durango in behind her. Needless to say, we're bringing the mule halter next time we take her anywhere. We all had tons of fun though! I'd have to say for me, the funnest part was chasing Crazy across the desert on trusty ole Durango :)

3 comments:

Dory said...

You can ride them when they're pregnant? Dude, I am so glad I'm not a horse. I hope you're Dad's okay.
If Dale ever complains about your mood swings when you guys have a little Flinkling you can point out this story and say, "buddy, at least you got lucky species-wise."

Monica Bingham said...

I heard the story about the trailer insident. I am glad you had fun though :D!

Laura P Monster said...

She was aptly named.I didn't hear the trailer story, but I gotta say it doesn't supise me... It may be time for me to come home, I'm missin out on all thr fun!!